This ministry opportunity would involve deploying and maintaining Linux-based servers for WEC USA and WEC International as well as maintaining the WEC USA network.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Debian Linux system and network administration.
- Experience deploying KVM-based virtual machines.
- At least some general understanding of email server systems (Postfix and Dovecot), SAMBA file servers, web servers, databases (MySQL/MariaDB), etc.
- Some familiarity with BASH and Python scripting.
- Understanding of LDAP would be a plus.
- Experience with NextCloud would be a plus.
- Must be able to independently learn and deploy server-based software systems.
WEC USA, the US Branch of WEC International, located in Fort Washington, PA, just north of Philadelphia. Living accommodations may be available on the campus of WEC USA.
This ministry opening is full-time.
Other Staff Needs
Mobilizers respond to inquiries from people about WEC’s missions programs and about missions service with WEC. They contact interested people to answer questions and encourage further involvement.
We want to ignite a passion for missions through media. We want media that will move people to help those who have no opportunity to hear the gospel. If you have a desire to influence people through media to make a difference in this world, you can be a part of this vital work.
Program Coordinators work with each applicant from the time of application through pre-field training. They find a suitable placement, make arrangements with the receiving branch, obtain overseas tickets, and keep in touch while the short-termer is on the field.
This ministry opportunity would involve assisting the Maintenance Director in maintaining the extensive buildings used for recruiting, training, serving, and praying for our missionaries from the US.