What is WEC?
WEC stands for Worldwide Evangelization for Christ. This video clip will give you a taste of our passion to go from everywhere to everywhere.
We can trust God to supply all we need to accomplish His plan for our lives and ministries despite opposition, difficulties and apparent impossibilities.
The Holy Spirit enables us to willingly obey Jesus’ call to mission and endure whatever hardships the journey puts in our path.
The reality of Christ in us and the power of the Holy Spirit makes it possible for us to live lives that honor God in all we think, say and do.
Our oneness in Christ makes it possible for us to live and work together in multicultural teams as brothers and sisters, maintaining the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
- We’re convinced that prayer is a priority.
- We uphold biblical truth and standards.
- We affirm our love for Christ’s church and endeavor to work in fellowship with local and national churches, and with other Christian agencies.
- We accept each other irrespective of gender, ethnic background or church affiliation.
- We desire to work in multi-national teams and are committed to effective international cooperation.
- We recognize the importance of research and responding to God’s directions for advance.
- We believe in full participation and oneness in decision-making.
- We value servant leaders who wait on God for vision and direction.
- We promote local and innovative strategies through decentralized decision-making.
- We make no appeals for funds.
Purpose of WEC International
Why does WEC exist? Because 1.7 billion people are unreached, going to hell with no opportunity to learn about Jesus. Someone needs to go to them. WEC is going. We invite you to join us.
Statement Of Faith
We believe in:
- One God, creator and sustainer of all things, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The deity and humanity of our Lord Jesus Christ, his virgin birth and sinless life, his miracles, his atoning death on the cross for us, his bodily resurrection, his ascension to the right hand of the Father, his work as mediator, and his return in power and glory.
- The ministry of the Holy Spirit to transform lives and empower for life and service.
- The Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, as originally given by God, divinely inspired, infallible, entirely trustworthy, and the ultimate authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- The sinfulness and guilt of all humanity since the fall, so that every person comes under God’s judgement.
- Redemption through the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit as essential for salvation.
- The justification of the sinner solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- Resurrection of the dead: those who are in Christ resurrected to a life forever with God and those who are outside of Christ resurrected to final judgement.
- The unity in Christ of all believers who make up the Church, his body, which is his witness throughout the world.
Operation World – prayer guide to every nation
Prayer is vital in WEC International. WEC members Patrick Johnstone and now Jason Mandryk and his team have developed and produced several editions of Operation World in order to assist the church worldwide in praying for every country in the world.
“Operation World has been one of the greatest tools for prayer mobilization for our world ever since it was first published. The scope and thoroughness of the research done by Jason Mandryk and his colleagues is truly commendable.”
Dr. Joseph D’souza, All India Christian Council and India Group of OM Ministries.
Get To Know Us Better
Our workers serve in multicultural teams, make team-based decisions and make no appeals for funds. These are just a few of the things that make WEC unique. Learn more …
“If Jesus Christ be God and died for me, then no sacrifice can be too great for me to make for him.” This was C. T. Studd’s answer to the many who said he was too old, sick and crazy to pioneer such a mission—and it continues to be WEC’s motto today. Get to know more about our history …
WEC works in more than 70 countries around the world. Learn more about where we serve and what we do …