Caring for Our Missionary Children & their Families
The Purpose of the WEC USA Missionary Kids (MK) Department is to serve WEC MKs and their families in ways that help the MKs gain strong spiritual roots and wings, lead fruitful lives for Christ and find their place in God’s Kingdom.
We believe that all children are of great value and that MKs play an integral part in God’s plan for the nations. They have a tremendous ability to impact the world in significant ways.
We are committed to serving MKs and their families by:
- Praying regularly for them as an MK Department and during WEC prayer times.
- Giving age appropriate training for life overseas through MKIT (Missionary Kids in Training), which may include children of families going overseas both long-term and short-term.
- Supporting them while on the field.
- Connecting with them during Home Leave when visiting WEC.
- Assisting them in transition & reentry.
- Ministering to adult MKs as God leads.
- Providing resources for MKs.
- Being a channel of communication.
- Providing a ‘Flow of Care’ for WEC MKs from the time of their parents’ Candidate Orientation through their college graduation.
Flow of Care for Missionary Children
from Pre-field up to Adulthood
More About Missionary Care
Use the contact form if you have questions about ministry to MKs at home and abroad.
Although WEC is very intentional about providing member care services for our workers, it’s important for you as a sending church to join us in this endeavor.
There are many books and websites on serving and caring for His servants and workers. It is also vital to provide pastoral care to missionaries, missionary kids, global servants and their families.