- Screening – in coordination with the Candidate Department
- Candidate Orientation
- MKIT (Missionary Kids in Training)
- This helps children bond with WEC, gain practical and emotional preparation to go to another culture, understand their identity and see that God’s plan for mission involves their families.
- It targets K-12.
- It begins with an interview with parents to determine the spiritual and emotional needs of their children.
- It gives parents of pre-schoolers resources to meet their needs.
- “Shepherding a Child’s Heart,” a parenting class
- Teaching Modules – Missionary Family, MK Education, Child Protection and Transition Issues
- Extra help – given according to individual needs (counseling, educational advice, etc.)
- Maintaining connections with parents and children by phone, letter email, skype etc.
- Sending small gifts and notes with travelers.
- Sending Middle & High School-aged MKs the Email letter “We Connect”.
- Debriefing MKs in an informal setting when they come through Camp Hill (by spending time listening and helping them prepare for their time in the US)
- Planning an MK program during the annual USA conference
- Arranging connections and events with kids on the hill whenever possible
- Maintaining communication with them while in the States
- Helping parents think through issues involving their children
- Debriefing MKs
- Sending graduation cards and a copy of Among Worlds
- Informing parents and teens about re-entry camps
- Debriefing and helping MKs and families prepare high schoolers for their transition to a long term stay in the US
- Visiting young adult MKs in college when possible, helped by other members of WEC USA
- Sending MKs in college an e-mail letter TCKonnection
- Sending care packages
- Facilitating events to bring college-aged/young adult MKs together, like the Christmas party
Adult Third-Culture Kids
- Interacting with adult ATCKs as opportunities arrive
- Developing an intentional ministry to adult WEC ATCKs
- Interacting with them as opportunities arise
- Helping staff kids build and maintain relationships with each other
- Giving them spiritual input
- Providing a forum for communication between kids & staff